California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) Records Search Request
- Provide completed Archaeological Records Check Request Form for a Timber Harvest Plan (THP) or California Department of Forestry (CDF) Project (available from CDF.)
- Provide a copy of relevant portions(s) of the USGS 7.5’ topographic quad at original scale, with project area clearly marked (provide either a PDF file for a search in paper-format areas or shape-files for a search in electronic-format areas.)
- Mail or email all of the above to the NWIC.
- Regular Response Delivery time is up to fourteen (14) calendar days. Contact the NWIC for an approximate timeframe.
- Rapid Response Delivery time is usually three (3) calendar days from date of receipt. This timeframe may also vary depending upon the size of your requested search area or the number of Rapid Response requests received prior to your submittal.
On July 28, 2017, the State Historical Resources Commission approved the new CHRIS IC Fee Structure, which combines and replaces the previous CHRIS Service Fee Schedule and CHRIS IC Electronic Fee Structure, and removes the PDF flat fee and Emergency Response surcharge.